Pure Med Spa - My experience with BriteSmile

Dec 1, 2009 - So after years of complaining about my teeth and hundreds of dollars in over the counter teeth whitening products, I decided to look into some of the new professional products offered through the burgeoning Med spa industry. Now in reality, I am not a "Spa" person. I only recently became aware of these Med Spas through a friend who had laser hair removal done at a Med Spa in Hazleton lanes (Yorkville). She described it as a place for beauty "tune-ups", as they offer Botox, Dysport, Velashape (for cellulite) and all kinds of facials.

After some investigation on pricing and quality of service I decided to take the leap and visit the Hazleton Lanes Pure Med Spa location in Yorkville. My friend had a good experience with the hair removal and Pure Med Spa operates the largest chain of Med Spas in North America so it made sense. Pure Med Spa just introduced a new teeth whitening system to Canada called BriteSmile. The treatment lasts an hour and from the reviews, works amazingly well.

Location Location Location...
The location is tucked away in the upscale Hazleton Lanes shopping mall, known for top end designers and top end prices. I was very surprised to meet the owner (Jeff Nourse) who was visiting the location and overheard my concerns about pricing. I was relieved when told the teeth whitening package was on sale for $249 that day only.
It seems Pure Med Spa is running "today only" sales events at some of their locations where you can save a considerable amount of money.

Pure Med Spa Delivers

Okay, as for the treatment itself, I will just say that it is unobtrusive and not that painful. They use a patented Blue light that works with the chemicals to immediately affect the change in colour. In and out in under an hour and I really noticed a difference right away. In fact, I spent most of the morning grinning like a Cheshire cat so my fellow office workers would catch a glimpse. Normally I have sensitive teeth so I was dreading the reaction my teeth would have to Pure Med Spas treatment. Remarkably I felt no real pain, just some light sensitivity to cold water for the day but fine the next day.


I saw the owner again and he asked for my email address so that he can send some promotional material for 20 Bay, he seemed genuine in his passion for the industry and really went out of his way to make me feel better about being male and visiting a spa. I had a chance to speak with Jeff about how he got into the Med Spa business and some of the hills he had to climb in order to build the company, good story. I will post that next week so please check back if you are interested in becoming an entrepreneur or enjoy success stories.

So from my perspective the BriteSmile treatment works and my experience with a Med Spa was great.

There may be an opportunity for the Tenants at the Rostie Group to receive a discount on services, something we actively promote for our tenants so stay tuned!

~Glen R.